Tresind is a multi-award winning and critically acclaimed flagship of fine-dine restaurants based in Dubai. Established in 2014, it has ever since been ranked among the leading restaurants in the world.
- Time-consuming technology stack – Before moving to Posist, Tresind used an SQL-based POS system. Since the POS was
on-premise, it took a lot of time and effort simply to keep the lights on for the system. Any instance of error in the database would cause the entire system to shut down, disrupting the operations and customer experience.
- Lack of scalability in the legacy POS –The previous platform Tresind used wasn’t designed for scalable operations. It would
take the Tresind team at least 2 to 3 hours if they were to update a list of only 50 items on the menu. Besides, the team had to conduct these update tasks before or after work hours as the system would break while they would update the SQL database. This would always halt the operations for a few hours. It was challenging to carry out the changes across all its locations by physically visiting the outlets.
- Lack of real-time access to business performance and customer insights – Tresind lacked access to deeper insights on business performance and customer behavior. The sales performance was a complete black box for Tresind. The team struggled to reconcile stock and food costs.
- Improved control and performance of operations – Since the platform runs on cloud technology, there’s no downtime and the staff at Tresind can use it from anywhere and anytime on any device. It has become easier to update the menu, roll out new combos and promotional offers remotely from a centralized account to all the outlets regardless of their location.
- Reduced inefficiencies, inconsistencies and errors– After the team at Tresind started using Posist, the overall time it took to update the menu items was cut down by 95%. They could also make any changes in bulk during the operational hours without having to shut down the system. Since these changes could be made across all the outlets remotely, it also reduced the inconsistencies and errors.
- Improved customer delight – Tresind also uses Posist extensively to optimize their menu. They can easily identify the best-selling ones and the least preferred items on the menu. Using this information, the team removes items with poor sales and focuses more on the top-selling items. The staff knows what to recommend to their customers based on the data-backed insights and the record of their past preferences, helping them deliver customer delight.