Known for its Original XL New York-style pizza and fresh ingredients, Sbarro is a US-based 6th largest pizza chain in the world and 4th largest pizza chain in India.
Poor visibility into the back-of-house operations
- Lack of real-time visibility into the inventory – As food is what makes up the majority of inventory for a restaurant, managing it efficiently is crucial to success. Sbarro needed a way to get real-time visibility into stock inventory and find early indicators before they turn into bigger issues. “It doesn’t help us much if the staff gets to know about inventory issues at the end of the month. By that time, you have lost a lot of time. You can’t correct things, and for business, it means we are in a bad place,” says Akshay.
- Lack of integration between online delivery aggregators and POS – Like most QSR businesses, Sbarro relies heavily on its online ordering system. The legacy POS they were using didn’t have any integration with the online delivery aggregators. The staff had to use multiple POS devices all at the same time to manage and track orders from different delivery aggregators. Additionally, they would spend several hours at the end of the day manually adding the orders in the POS, leading to productivity and discrepancies.
- No transparency into the loyalty management program – Sbarro runs a loyalty program for its customers wherein it gives discounts, and offers to repeat customers. The management wanted to ensure that the loyalty benefits were being given to the right people and weren’t misused by the staff.
- Since leveraging Posist, the team at Sbarro has been able to access real-time insights on the inventory and track the raw material consumption down to the levels of grams. With this data, the team has achieved stronger control over inventory and can track any issues early on. They can track issues like spoilage, wastage, over-portioning, and pilferage.
- Posist not only gave the Sbarro team a platform to easily forecast sales, but also transformed the way his team communicated. Gone are the days when the management would have to reach out to their team over text to get the sales report. The management can conveniently keep track of sales right from their mobile phones.
- Posist built custom integrations directly with their delivery partners – Zomato and Swiggy. It is saving the team a lot of time and money otherwise spent on managing manual operations for online ordering.
- Sbarro was also able to integrate Posist Enterprise Suite with their loyalty management platform, enabling them to reduce instances of misuse of loyalty points. The team can easily track the users who redeemed the points and can identify any pilferage.