Restaurants all over have started using technology to aid their day-to-day activities. Restaurateurs get easy access to the detailed reports which lets them focus on other operational aspects. Technology has made the chores manageable! Similarly, restaurant ordering system helps in optimizing online orders and makes the delivery process simpler. It allows the restaurant owners to push the orders directly into the POS system for the order taking process.
Food Delivery apps/websites have become immensely popular in the UAE. Sixty percent of the Emiratis use an app to order food to their doorstep.
With stats like that, it is imperative for the restaurant operators to invest in a smart restaurant ordering system. With the delivery trend catching up, you simply cannot miss out on this technology!
This is not all, the restaurant ordering system can prove to be a great investment for your restaurant in the UAE, and this article will tell you “why.”
Optimizing Online Orders And Delivery Process With Restaurant Ordering System
Taking orders and managing them can be a daunting task if done manually. Therefore, investing in a good restaurant ordering system is a necessity. But, what exactly is a restaurant ordering system?
A Restaurant Ordering System is a system that readily allows you to accept online orders from customers. It directly pushes the orders received from food ordering apps/websites into your POS system. Restaurant ordering systems also allow customers to order days in advance. When the day of preparing and delivering the order arises the owner/chef is notified.
Need For An Integrated Restaurant Ordering System
Here are the reasons why you need an integrated Restaurant Ordering System for accepting online orders.
1. Accepting Online Orders
As we have established this earlier online ordering is huge in UAE. Ordering food online is becoming a norm for restaurants which offer takeout and delivery orders. You simply cannot miss out on online orders! Restaurant ordering system feature of a smart restaurant POS will help you take care of everything, from taking the orders to assigning it to the right person. This makes the task of order taking very simple.
The system is also desired for its ultimate flexibility and performance.
- Orders Are Pushed Directly Into The POS: A restaurant ordering system will help you directly push the orders received via online food delivery apps/websites into the POS. Because several times it gets difficult to manage the orders coming in from various apps. A restaurant ordering system will help you manage all the orders at one place and help you manage them effortlessly.
- Mobile App: Some restaurant ordering systems come equipped with mobile apps that let you showcase your menu to your customers and allow them to place an order via the app. This again helps in streamlining the order taking process and makes it easier for you to collectively see all the orders at one place. It is a cost-effective yet efficient system to accept online orders.
- Website Ordering: If your website allows your customers to place an order via your restaurant’s website the restaurant ordering system will definitely come handy. The online ordering system enables the customers to order days in advance and the system will accomplish the order at the specified time. Because it lets them easily place an order in one go and also show the availability of the food items. People find it easier to place an order online and the restaurant ordering system makes sure everything can be managed effortlessly.
2. Delivery Optimization
Enabling customers to place an order is not enough. You need to optimize your delivery and make sure the order reaches on time. Because this will enhance your customer experience and will help build your restaurant’s reputation.
A restaurant ordering system will help you optimize your delivery time and help you do more like.
- Assigning The Orders: A restaurant ordering system will make it easier for you to assign the job to a particular person. When the system receives and approves the order it is automatically assigned to a person. Therefore cutting down on the time taken to manually assign the job to staff. The person liable to deliver the food will be notified as soon as the order is approved. They will receive notification along with the required information about the customer.
- Order Tracking: To ensure the food reaches the customer on time you can track the delivery boy and assure the food reaches on time. The customers also have an option to track the order status and to see the whereabouts of the person in charge of delivering the food. Being able to provide the tracking facility also helps in building a great customer experience. Therefore building your restaurant’s reputation.
- Delivery Apps: Restaurants can come up with an app that allows customers to place an order effortlessly. Delivery apps will make the order taking task easier for you. This will push the orders directly into your POS system. This will allow you to take quick actions on the orders and delivery them swiftly.
There is no denying that online orders are changing the way how people used to eat food. If you are able to provide ease and speed to the food delivery you are sure to leave your competition behind.
Online food ordering provides additional customer service such as delivery to the destination the customer has requested for. In UAE, this trend is catching up at a very high rate. Therefore, almost everyone is enjoying the benefits of online food delivery.