Restaurant marketing in today’s highly competitive industry necessitates precision, consistency, and thorough consumer data. Both online and offline marketing strategies can benefit from data gathered about your actual customers. The sharp increase in restaurant competition in the market has emphasized the importance of branding. What measures must one take to build a loyal customer base? If you want to leave a long-lasting impression on your customer then you must check out all the boxes- food, decor, accessibility, affordability etc.
6 Proven Tips To Create A Successful Restaurant Branding Strategy
Here are some restaurant branding strategies to successfully establish your brand on the market.
1. Be Unique
Great thoughts and ideas can take you a long way in the restaurant business, but they’re nothing without the first spark of inspiration. You might not have what it takes to push through the very real hurdles of starting and running a restaurant if you don’t have the spark and the passion for it. Define your restaurant concept- why is your brand different or better than the others? For example- service style is often a part of a restaurant’s concept. Is your business a sit-down restaurant, a pop-up bar, a casual counter-service restaurant, or a food truck? Because your concept is nothing but your brand in action, it should match your brand.
2. Know Your Customer
Before you start marketing your restaurant, you should first consider who you’re selling to. It takes a lot of time, thorough observation, and in-depth analysis to figure out who your customers are (or if you haven’t opened yet, who you’d like them to be). You can research and test different ideas to attract your customers. Initiate loyalty programmes at regular intervals to create a customer base and appreciate your regular customers with deals & discounts. Ask your customers about their preferences through surveys or feedback and act accordingly to please them. When starting a new restaurant, you can give your new customers a free appetizer, dessert, or beverage. This is a fantastic way to show your consumers how much you value their business, and it can help you stand out from the crowd.
3. Brand Statement
A brand statement summarizes the company’s goals and objectives. It basically defines the unique selling point (USP) of your restaurant which sets it apart from other brands. Almost all activities, such as food, packaging, delivery, revolve around the mission statement, which may be used to forge strong bonds with customers, stakeholders, and employees.
The slogan should be well-thought-out and consistent with the theme of your restaurant. An eye-catching tagline that encapsulates your company’s mission and value establishes a distinct brand identity in the minds of your customers should be used. It reflects your brand’s target market, and you hold all copyrights to it.
For example, KFC uses the tagline ‘it’s finger-licking good’ which creates a mental association between the brand and a clear picture of succulent, mouth-watering delicacies, in the minds of customers.
4. The Ambience
The primary elements that set apart a superb restaurant are good food, excellent service, and an awesome environment. A clean and visually pleasing ambience will attract a huge number of customers. If the ambience is appealing the customer will tend to spend more time which can directly increase the average order value.
You can work on these 3 categories to improve the ambience of your place-
- The decor – Use the right colour scheme because it sets the tone of your restaurant. Prefer warmer colours as it not only promotes positive feelings but also increase appetite. You can also go for neutral colours, it has a calming effect. Add a zing to your place with beautiful artwork, furniture, flowers etc.
- Space – seating arrangements may seem beautiful from a distance, but you also need to put yourself in the shoes of the customer to understand their experience while sitting at different tables. Make sure your customers aren’t crammed or adjusting while dining. It is of utmost priority that the customers are comfortable and relaxed for which spacing is as important as your restaurant menu.
- Lights – Lighting is the most important part of the ambience. It amplifies the pleasantness of your restaurant.
Restaurant branding is heavily influenced by the cuisine you provide. The authenticity of your restaurant is determined by the consistency of food quality and portion quantities. Excellent meal service can persuade your clients to visit your restaurant on a regular basis. Ingredients, dish names, meal presentation, and every other small detail should be consistent with the brand you plan to build.
Maintaining brand engagement is just as vital as establishing it, which is why food quality must remain consistent or even improve over time. Furthermore, every outlet should have the same flavour and experience.
6. Marketing Campaigns
No matter how good your food or restaurant service is, running marketing campaigns are essential for branding purposes. However, your marketing campaigns, whether online or traditional offline campaigns, must be on point.
Offline marketing campaigns for restaurants-
- Distribution of flyers around your locality
- Host themed parties on occasions
- Partner with local businesses for better reach & promotion
- Become a sponsor & take part in social and cultural events in the neighbourhood
Online marketing methods for your restaurant can be-
- Set up your restaurants on Google My Business page
- Set up personalized & automated email marketing
- Send birthday reminders with exciting deals & offers
- Start online reservations for a hassle-free experience
- Set up social media accounts and post relatable content to attract customers
- Local online ads
- Start customer loyalty programs & rewards
Building a successful brand in the market today takes months, if not years. It’s as strategic as it gets when it comes to letting people know about your brand and developing a personality for your company that speaks for itself. Spend time and thought on the elements of your restaurant outlined above, and you’ll have a strong brand. Here’s where you can learn more about restaurant branding.