As restaurants begin to reopen, diners are expecting new and significant changes to curb the spread of coronavirus. Providing safety measures for diners is not only crucial from the public health perspective but has now become fundamental for surviving in business. It is mandatory for restaurants to follow social distancing guidelines and adapt their dining experience. This blog will cover how choosing the right restaurant POS System can help restaurants introduce Contactless Dining.
How The Right Restaurant POS System Can Help You Introduce Contactless Dining Seamlessly
Contactless dining means minimizing customer contact to the high touch elements at a restaurant. Considering the current scenario, contactless dining is the best solution for delivering the highest standard of service and safety to diners. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the restaurants are looking forward to optimizing the order to the delivery fulfillment process.
Here are some benefits of implementing a contactless dining system at restaurants:
- Eliminates the use of paper-based menu cards and bill books: Managing an e-menu is not only beneficial for your customers but also for you. One can change the menu prices instantly across outlets or edit the menu items with the click of a mouse. It also eliminates the trouble faced by the customers while.
- Guarantees the highest safety and hygiene standards at the restaurant: Personal hygiene and no contact dining is of utmost importance in the given times. With a contactless dining feature in the restaurants, customers and employees can rest assured of limiting the transmission of the virus as there the entire dining experience is contactless.
- Ensures a hassle-free dining experience for consumers: Right from ordering the food to final bill payment, the entire ordering cycle is digitized, which significantly reduces the need for human intervention. This poses a tremendous advantage for the restaurant staff to focus on up-selling, cross-selling and making sure that the order is delivered to the right customers at the right time.
- Makes it easy for consumers to instantly place their order: By allowing customers to take complete control of placing their orders, the manual errors caused by servers decrease automatically. It thereby increases order accuracy and ensures that orders are delivered on time.
- Streamlines the entire payment process for the users: A robust contactless dining feature is equipped with payment integrations that allow customers to pay directly through the application.
- Brings down operational costs: A contactless self-ordering and dining mechanism can be easily managed with a few servers. It not only increases staff efficiency but also helps in achieving higher customer satisfaction.
- Reduces the overall table turnover time: As customers can place the order themselves without needing much help from the servers, it increases the order size and accuracy while making it easier for the servers to fulfill orders timely.
How Does Contactless Dining Work?
Contactless Wi-Fi-based Ordering: As menu cards are passed around from each table, customers might be apprehensive about touching the same menu card that has been touched by many. This is probably the best time to offer diners the option to place an order digitally. Provide them a wifi-enabled option with Posist’s Contactless Dining Feature.
The feature allows customers to place an order on their mobile devices by connecting to the restaurant’s WiFi network, accessing a digital menu. Once they place the order and register their mobile number, servers confirm their order at the table, and it is then sent for preparation.
Customers can request bills on their mobiles, and soon after the confirmation, pay bills via digital apps. The feature also allows diners to re-order or add new orders via the digital menu.
QR code-based ordering: According to Posist’s PRIME Report, 33 percent of restaurants had installed an e-menu using a QR code ordering technology at their outlet. QR based ordering keeps contact between patrons and the servers to a minimum, thereby maintaining necessary social distancing.
Along with the Wifi-Based Contactless ordering feature, providing a QR code-based ordering option to diners is also a good alternative. Using Posist’s QR code ordering dashboard, patrons can place orders by scanning the QR code that is displayed on each table and pay for the order at the same time. Upon scanning the QR code and entering the mobile number, diners can view a virtual menu on their mobile browser through which they can place their orders seamlessly.
At checkout, customers can request bills directly on their smartphones. The waiter assigned to the table will send the invoice to the diner’s phone along with the payment options. After making the payment, the receipt is automatically generated, and a digital copy is sent to the customer via WhatsApp and SMS.
Contactless dining-in, delivery orders, and cashless payment options have significant advantages for both consumers and operators. Providing contactless solutions to customers will not only streamline operations but also help you gain customers’ trust.
Invest in the right restaurant management solution that helps in introducing seamless contactless dining to your customers and gain their confidence!